- What information do we collect?We collect different types of information from you when you visit the Site, Startups and Investors are a part of the Konvoy Konvoy, submit an application to enroll in the Konvoy Konvoy, otherwise apply to enroll in a Konvoy affiliated program or offering, or when you respond to communication such as email, or otherwise participate in another Site feature.
- •We automatically collect non-personally identifiable technical information such as IP addresses and session identifiers.
- • When registering for Konvoy or submitting an application to enroll in the Konvoy Konvoy or other programs or offerings, we may ask you for certain personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other such information.
- • Additionally, when registering for the Konvoy Konvoy or submitting an application to enroll in Konvoy or other programs or offerings, we may ask you for general, non-personally identifiable information about your business, such as information that relates to the funding you have received to date, the particular skills that you have, the sectors in which you are active, and general types of products, services, or relationships that your business provides or needs or that you would be otherwise interested in hearing about. When answering questions about certain aspects of your business, we ask you to answer such questions without disclosing any specific confidential or proprietary information. You do not have to provide information for many of the questions asked in the registration or application process.
- • Like many websites, we also use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to the Site. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- • If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page, or you can contact us at email@example.com
- • If you choose to use our referral service to tell a contact about a blog post, we will ask you for your contact’s name and email address. We will automatically send your contact a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the blog. Konvoy stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
- How do we use your information?We may use the information we collect from you when you register, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
•We use non-personally identifiable technical information collected by the Site to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and activity on the Site.
•We use the information you provide when you Join the Konvoy to contact you about Konvoy programs or offerings, to aggregate for statistical analysis (such as the information presented on for Konvoy Insights), to share with our third party sponsors, program affiliates, or other third parties that we feel may be appropriate business relationships, and to administer promotions, surveys, or other Site features.
• We use the information you provide when submitting an application to enroll in the Konvoy Konvoy or other programs or offerings to communicate with you, to evaluate your application, to determine whether you meet criteria for enrollment, and to determine what programs and offerings we should offer. We may also share the information you provide with our third party sponsors, program affiliates, or other third parties that we may feel would be appropriate business relationships.
• We use Social Media Features and Widgets such as the Twitter and LinkedIn interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. The privacy statement of the company providing it governs your interactions with these Features.
- Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
- Correction/Updating Personal Information
You can correct or update any information you provide when you Join the Konvoy Network or apply to the Konvoy Academy by updating the associated application through the process provided on the Site. If you feel there is an important error in your personally identifiable information, please contact us by electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do we use "Cookies"?
b. Google Remarketing. Our websites use Google’s remarketing technology. This technology enables users who have already visited our online services and shown interest in our services to see targeted advertising on the websites of the Google partner network. Likewise users that are similar to the visitors of our websites can be addressed. The advertising will be displayed using cookies. These are small text files saved on the user’s computer. The information generated by the cookie about the website use will be transmitted to and stored on servers in the United States by Google. In the event that the IP address is transferred, it will be reduced by the last 3 digits. Using cookies, the user behavior on a website can be analyzed and subsequently utilized to provide targeted product recommendations and advertising based on the user’s interests.
c. Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel. With your permission, our website utilizes the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to a provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. We are thus able to record the efficacy of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remain anonymous. This means that we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by Facebook. We are informing you on this matter according to our information at this time. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes. Only users over 13 years of age may give their permission. If you are younger than this age, please consult your legal guardians.
Please click here if you would like to revoke your permission:
d. Twitter Conversion Tracking. We use the Conversion Tracking service of Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA (“Twitter”). This tracking records if a user of our website clicks on a link posted by Twitter. In this way, both we and Twitter can see if a registration has taken place. The identity of the user remains anonymous. In addition, we use Twitter’s Tailored Audiences service. This enables us to appeal to our website’s users with targeted advertisements. To do this, Twitter uses a code snippet (tag) which we have integrated into our website. No personal data are collected during this process. Tailored Audiences is also used to create lookalike targeting lists.
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Konvoy follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use such personal information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
- Privacy and Third Party Links
- Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about the Site. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to the Site to email@example.com
- Your Delaware Privacy Rights
Under Delaware’s “Delaware Online Privacy and Protection Act (“DOPPA”)" law, Delaware residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). To obtain this information from Konvoy please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Request for Delaware Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the "DOPPA" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
- European Union
The Site is available globally and certain of our sponsors or affiliate organizations may operate globally. Therefore, when knowingly using or disclosing personal information transferred from the European Union, we abide by the Safe Harbor Principles as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission, adopt other means under European Union law for ensuring adequate safeguards, or obtain your consent.
How can I contact you?
You may reach us by contacting our support team via email or you may write to us at our most current address. Please see our contact us page for current information.
919 North Market Street
Wilmington, Delaware 19801